Tuesday Tea Time with Claire

Living to Share



As teachers every word we say has an unknown expiration date. Our words make an immeasurable impact every single day and we will never be able to know how long our students will carry our words with them. We will never know what words we will say that will spark our students to feel inspired or motivated enough to lead their life down an untraveled road.  As teachers, we live to share... 

our thoughts...
     our knowledge...
          our life lessons...
               our hearts...

We dedicate our lives trying to make a positive impact in the lives of our students. I’ve come to realize I easily underestimate the potential impact of my own words. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that my students are like sponges and they are constantly soaking up every word I say. They may all interpret my words in various ways and my words may impact them in different ways, but the reality is they are all impacted in some way by the words I say or don’t choose to say. That is a heavy realization to digest.  

Cheers to choosing to be a teacher and choosing to keep on living to share. Cheers to realizing and accepting our words make an impact. Cheers to always being cognitive of our words and attempting to impact our students in a positive way. Take a few moments to relax and enjoy your tea. You deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment