Tuesday Tea Time with Claire

Let your Creativity be Infinite



Over the years, I have noticed around this time of year I often find my teacher brain starts to get a bit frazzled and I allow myself to lose my creative edge. I hope I’m not alone in this spring time teacher phenomenon. But I have to admit that I start to get bogged down by the pressure of...

how many more lessons can I squeeze in before the end of the year...
have my students gained the skills they need for the next year...
how many minutes of my teaching time do I have to give up to administer tests...
going over data to see how much progress my kiddos actually made over the year...
my overly organized self feeling the need to start planning for next year...

My busy mind becomes like a ferocious fortress not allowing my creative self to make the most of the moments I have left with my students for the year. I hate to admit it but during this time of year, I have a tendency to become my own worst enemy. I find myself wasting valuable time worrying instead of continuing to truly keep teaching my students. 

We all inevitably have an unlimited to do list to conquer before summer comes, but cheers to realizing we have a choice. We all have a choice on how we choose to get through the next few months. Cheers to allowing our creativity to be infinite. Cheers to realizing, “You are unlimited”. Take a few moments to relax and enjoy your tea. You deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment